ICS AB accredited laboratory since 1997
(Mätteknik för verkstäder, Sveriges Mekanförbund 1978)
To perform control or testing with uncalibrated measuring and testing equipment is to guess the outcome. An expensive instrument with great precision may be a necessary condition for an accurate measurement, but is in itself no guarantee of measurement accuracy. Maintenance, inspection and calibration, based on calibrated normals is therefore an activity of fundamental importance.
ICS AB has been calibrating tensile testing equipment and other things since the mid eighties. Over time, requirements tightened up and in the mid nineties, we decided to invest in the accreditation of our business. In April 1997 we were ready and were accepted by SWEDAC. We are listed as lab No. 1515 in the Swedish Mätplatskalender.
How does it work?
Our accreditation means that SWEDAC, Sweden’s National Agency for Technical Accreditation, review and approve our competence among other things the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025. To assist SWEDAC they have a professional independent technical evaluator who reviews our methods and references. Accreditation revised once a year by SWEDAC and/or technical analysts. Accreditation can be withdrawn if the requirements are not met or key employees leave.
What does our accreditation mean for our customers?
- Our measuring equipment is checked and calibrated to national references of the national test site.
- Our staff have sufficient competence for the tests.
- The measurement results are stored in secret for at least 4 years.
- We participate in national and international tests and comparisons.
- Our methods, references and results are approved and comparable to other labs around the world.
- Our measurements are of high quality with a specified uncertainty.